Search This Blog and Find Cool Stuff

Friday, May 20, 2016

Micro Chores

I hate doing housework.  Dishes, laundry, vacuuming.  Sweeping and cleaning bathrooms... it all sucks.  (I can't even spell vacuum without spellcheck.)  But, hey, I can't afford a maid.  And so chores have to be done.  Even for someone such as I, who has a fairly high tolerance for living in a pigsty of a mess. 

I know how to clean. I can burnish a faucet to a mirror shine, I can bust a dustbunny.  I'm a competant scrubber, able to sweep and swish and dust and polish.  I understand the mysteries (mostly) of sorting darks from lights. 

I just hate doing it.  All of it.

It seems like such a chore.

More than that, I can't stand that as soon as you finish something, it seems, it has to be done over again.  Along with a million billion other tasks.

And, so, micro chores. 

Why not?  Everything else is small these days...

While waiting for a pot of coffee to brew, I put some dirty dishes in the dishwasher.  While microwaving a frozen dinner I'll sweep the floor.  Instead of doing all of my laundry at once, I'll only do as much as I feel like I can handle at the moment... making sure to include at least a few undergarments in each wash load.  One day I'll clean the bathroom sink, another I'll do the toilet and another day I'll scrub the tub.

So what if everything isn't all clean all at once?  It's better than nothing ever being clean at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment